Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides funding to the City each year as an entitlement City through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. Public meetings are held in July and August to develop projects, and the program year begins in October. A public meeting to gather community input on the City's annual report is also held in November.
Development Process CDBG FY18 Annual Action Plan and CDBG FY16, FY17 Substantial Amendments
- 4-25-18 CDBG FY18 AAP - FY16 FY17 Sub Amendment - NOA of Info
- 5-7-18 CDBG FY18AAP - FY16 FY17 Sub Amendment Notice of Public Hearing
- 5-25-18 CDBG FY18 - FY16 FY17 Sub Amendment - NOA of Draft
- 5-25-18 CDBG FY18 Anual Action Plan - Draft
- 5-25-18 CDBG FY17 Anual Action Plan Substantial Amendment - Draft
- 5-25-18 CDBG FY16 Anual Action Plan Substantial Amendment - Draft
- CDBG FY18 and FY16 17 substantial amendment Development Process
- 10-5-18 CDBG FY18 AAP - Notice of Availability of Draft
Current CDBG Projects
Lighthouse Park ADA Improvements
The 1859 Round Island Lighthouse is located in gateway to the City. Lighthouse Park ADA Improvements include widening sidewalks to make them multi-use. A kiosk will exhibit information about the Lighthouse restoration efforts and maritime history. The kiosk will also include a link to cameras mounted on the top of the Lighthouse that provide a Lighthouse Keeper’s view from the top for all to enjoy. A Lighthouse replica tactile sculpture and tactile sign with braille will be installed for persons with visual impairments.
B.B. Jennings Park ADA Improvements
The parking lot improvements include the addition of curb cuts, signage, and accessible parking spaces. The boardwalk that provides access to the park will be replaced with a new ADA compliant boardwalk. A walking track from the boardwalk to a marsh outlook will be installed.
This information is available in Spanish or any other language upon request. Please call (228) 372-6997 for accommodations for this request.
Esta informacion esta disponible en espanol o en cualquier atro idioma bajo peticion. Por favor pongase en contacto (228) 372-6997 de alojamiento para esta solicitud.