Pascagoula is a great place to locate your business. With a low cost of living, abundance of economic opportunity, several major universities located in the region, a progressive local government, low taxes, and friendly local residents, Pascagoula is an ideal location to plant the seeds of economic growth.
Pascagoula offers a wealth of opportunity for business and pleasure and the nation is taking notice.
In a forecast released in 2010 by IHS Global Insight, Pascagoula was the top ranked Mississippi metropolitan area and in the top 40 percent of metropolitan areas for projected job growth through the end of 2015.
In 2010 Pascagoula ranked second in Mississippi and number 108 nationwide on Forbes.com’s list of best small metro areas for business and careers. The rankings were based on the cost of doing business, projected job growth, and education level.
Showing the diversity of opportunity in Pascagoula, the City was recently listed in Outdoor Life’s 2011 Top 200 towns for outdoor sportsmen.
In 2012 Pascagoula ranked eighth overall in the nation of the Top States for Doing Businesss by Area Development Magazine.
- For more detailed information about the City of Pascagoula, please see our Community Profile.
Located thirty minutes from Mobile, Alabama, and two hours from New Orleans, Louisiana, Pascagoula offers small town charm, world class recreation, and abundant economic opportunities within an easy drive of major metropolitan communities.
Among its latest projects, the City is in the process of providing all new streetscaping to its downtown district, restoration of the 1859 Round Island Lighthouse, new infrastructure to the riverfront, and miles of new walking, biking, and kayaking trails.
- 10 Steps to Starting a Business in Pascagoula
- Pascagoula’s Retail Market Study
- How to Locate Your Business in Pascagoula
- Pascagoula Small Business Development Series
- Available Properties
- Steps to Starting a Small Business in Mississippi
- Success Stories of Locally Owned Businesses
Pascagoula Businesses are Supported by
- Pascagoula Main Street
- Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
- Jackson County Economic Development Foundation