In 2011, the Historic Pascagoula Bike Trail was established providing residents and visitors with historic tour of the City. Recently, a Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC) to guide further bike-related development as well as work to enhance and promote biking in Pascagoula. If you would like to join the BAC or more information on the committee, please contact the Outdoor Recreational Specialist, Kristi Ducote, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (228) 938-2356.
Mayor Blevins has officially declared May 2014 Bike Month in the City of Pascagoula. Read the proclamation here: 2014 Bike Month Proclamation
Check out the links below for more information on Pascagoula’s bike trail and safety tips:
- Bike Trail Map – The Historic Pascagoula Bike Trail trailhead sign is located at Lighthouse Park on Fredric Street.
- How to Share the Road
- Bicycle Safety Activity Kit was created by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to provide parents, teachers, and children with tools to learn the important basics of bicycle safety.
- Pascagoula’s Complete Street Policy outlines the City’s commitment to design and implement streets that are safer and accommodating for everyone despite age and choice of transportation. For more information, please visit the National Complete Streets Coalition.
- Among other specifics, Mississippi’s 3 Feet Law stipulates there must be a maintained 3 feet between a vehicle and bicycle when a motorist is passing a cyclist. For more information, please visit BikeWalkMississippi.
Local Bicycling Clubs:
Advocacy and Safety:
- Bike Walk Mississippi
- Gulf Coast Heritage Trail Partnership
- Gulf Coast Regional Planning Commission
- League of American Bicyclists
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety