The City is conducting an ADA Self-Evaluation and will be developing a Transition Plan to identify and address needed ADA improvements throughout the City.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) consists of five titles:
- Title I prohibits discrimination against persons with disabilities in employment.
- Title II prohibits discrimination by state and local governments and requires that they ensure all facilities, services, and information provided are accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Title III provides for nondiscrimination against persons with disabilities in public accommodations.
- Title IV bans discrimination in telecommunications
- Title V contains miscellaneous provisions clarifying ADA’s relationship to other laws and addressing such issues as health insurance.
ADA Policy Statement and Notice of Requirements for the ADA:
The City of Pascagoula does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities. The City of Pascagoula does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices. This notice is provided as required by the Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, concerns, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding the ADA may be forwarded to the ADA Coordinator listed below.
The City of Pascagoula is committed to the ADA and its fundamental goal of providing community members with disabilities access to an active life.
Any person believing that such access is not available in Pascagoula should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Valerie Moore, Director of Human Resources at City Hall, 603 Watts Avenue, Pascagoula MS, 39567, call (228) 762-1020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADA Update: Primer for Small Business – effective March 15, 2011
For services, programs, activities, and facilities not associated with the City of Pascagoula, please contact the following:
State of Mississippi
Office of the Attorney General
550 High Street, Jackson, MS 39201
U.S. Department of Justice