The Round Island Lighthouse, c. 1859, once stood off the coast of Pascagoula on Round Island. Damaged by various hurricanes over the years, it was moved to the mainland in 2010 where it was restored. It is whitewashed to reflect the look it had originally. The lighthouse sits at the western gateway to the City welcoming visitors and residents alike. Tours are available at 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.