The Recreation Commission advises the City Council on matters related to city parks and recreation programs, including the development of recreational areas and facilities, par and recreation service improvement policies and related program budgets.
For more information regarding the Recreation Commission or to give feedback, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at
Recreation Commission Recommendation to City Council:
- Performing Arts: Joe David, Landon McCarty, Darcie Crew to meet with Mr. Wayne Rodolfich. Points of discussion will be: location on Tucker Street, and construction of the performing arts center that makes expansion possible.
- Baseball/Softball: locate new facility on property that City already owns at the current soccer complex (18+ acres). Need to purchase wetland credits (use money from Tucker Street and 14th Street sell off to offset cost). Build 6 new fields in addition to completing current baseball and softball field at MCC park. Consolidation of baseball, softball, cross-country, basketball, football and soccer into one park at this location. Rename the park and enclose this entire park with upscale perimeter fencing and entryways.
- IG Levy: Tennis upgrade is out for bids. Skate Park and pump track expansion. Single basketball court. Engineered park lighting. Improve parking.
- Andrew Johnson: Construct a pool house. Upgrade lighting and surface on outdoor basketball court. Improve signage on building to match City design and aesthetics plan.
- Retail family interactive park: This would be determined based on Pascagoula’s vision of where the retail area should be.
- Outdoor adventure area: ropes course, zip line, etc.
- Greenway Trail: A walking and biking trail linking recreational, residential, and commercial areas of Pascagoula with minimal roadway exposure.
- Aquatics center: locate at Senior Citizens center property on Live Oak or Belair shopping center property on Old Mobile Hwy.
- Pascagoula Country Club Golf course expansion: Use underdeveloped residential property in Chipley subdivision.